FAQ Page for Pack Advancement Chairs ( 1/25/2019 )

So you’re a new or experienced Pack Advancement Chair? Welcome and thank you for volunteering! Here are some things you might want to know:

  • What are the duties of the Pack Advancement Chair? Please see the presentation created by our Minsi Trails Council Advancement Committee titled “Cub Scout Advancements: A Guide for Pack Advancement Chairs” available to download here (Power Point) or (PDF).
  • What position should I be registered as? Pack Advancement Chairs should be registered as a Unit Committee Member.
  • What training do I need to be a Pack Advancement Chair? The same training that’s required for all Committee Members, which can be found at http://www.minsitrails.org/training/60159
  • How do I know what Advancement Tracking program to use for my Pack? It is strongly recommended that Packs use Scoutbook, available at https://www.scoutbook.com
  • Which Advancements must I enter into Internet Advancement? Ranks are required to be entered. Adventures (required and elective), Pins, Belt Loops are strongly recommended. This is so each scout can have an accurate scouting history on record.
  • Where is the tutorial for Internet Advancement? Minsi Trails Council has developed resources to help you with Internet Advancement. Follow this link for everything you need, including access to the Internet Advancement website, instructions/tutorial on how to use it, and an FAQ page: http://www.minsitrails.org/resources/volunteerleader-resources/internet-advancement/60698
  • Who has to sign Advancement reports? Only you, the Pack Advancement Chair, needs to sign Advancement reports.
  • How many copies of the Advancement reports must I turn in to the Scout shop? One copy.
  • Do I have to submit a hardcopy Advancement report to Minsi Trails Council if I have entered the information online into Internet Advancement? Yes. You can mail in your signed report, or you can email your signed report to minsitrailsscoutshop@scouting.org.
  • Where can I find Advancement sheets? Although the online advancement reporting system is greatly preferred, the Council will accept this form and enter the information for you into the online system:  https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34403.pdf
  • When do I enter Advancements? It is advised to enter Advancements every month, and by December 15 for end of year.
  • What other resources are there regarding Pack Advancements? For an excellent overview of Advancement in Cub Scouts, please see the newly updated BSA presentation called Cub Scout Advancement: Delivering Adventure, which is the one of the presentations listed on this page: https://www.scouting.org/programs/boy-scouts/resources/advancement-presentations/


991 Postal Road
Allentown, PA 18109

Phone: (610) 264-8551
Fax: (610) 465-4500

9:00am - 5:00pm (Mon.,Wed.,Thur.,Fri.)
10:00am - 5:00pm(Tues)
CLOSED: Tuesday, December 24th
CLOSED: Wednesday, December 25th
CLOSED: Wednesday, January 1st



991 Postal Road
Allentown, PA 18109

Phone: (610) 266-7770
Fax: (610) 266-7798

9:00am - 5:00pm (Mon.,Wed.,Fri.)
10:00am - 7:00pm (Tues)
9:00am - 7:00pm (Thur)
9:00am - 3:00pm (Sat.)